Chelsea dating louie

31 Jan

Initially there was some growth in student numbers when the government raised the school leaving age to 16 in 1974, but the main expansion took place in 1989.

John Darker, the first headteacher looked after the school until his retirement in early 2008.

The guide is not dated but a close look through the contents suggests that it was published in about 1949.

Heather and Christine Gilbert, Heather Warrener, Timothy Neil, Peter Gould, Peter Beadon, Nigel Bennet, Roger Bush , Margaret Nicholson, Sylvia Rodwell, Jacqueline Bishop, Penelope Barnes, Susan Henderson, Rosemary and Elizabeth Rickman, Janet Salt and Simon Brett.

This page documents the history of most of the schools in the Banstead area.

Some are in existence today whilst others have changed usage or in some cases have been demolished.

If you can supply any information and/or photographs, please send them to the BHRG Webmaster NEW BOOK by the Banstead History Research Group - now available This lavishly illustrated book contains photographs from the archives of the Lambert family which have never been seen before.

chelsea dating louie-41chelsea dating louie-30chelsea dating louie-36chelsea dating louie-45

Since inception the school population has expanded from 500 students to the 1350 that The Beacon has today.

In 1981 Richard Grange retired and Mr Alan Barraclough took over as headmaster, and in 1994 Aberdour School became coeducational and opened a pre-preparatory section, and then a nursery to start at 3 years old. The first school in the district for children between the ages of 11 and 14, it was built on land that was formerly part of the Nork Estate, founded by Sir Christopher Buckle in the 18th century.

The school's first headmaster was Edward Gale JP, chairman of Banstead Urban District Council, who had a staff of nine. The first entry in the school log is dated April 5 1937 and is by Edward Gale: "This new Boys School opened this morning in new building....." see also 'Houses' This was a large Victorian house built about 1862 with other buildings and grounds.

For more details visit our publications page Read more about the history of Garratts Hall under the Grand Houses section.

Left: Mary Davies courtesy of Heinz Archive at the National Portrait Gallery.