Orchard road dating onlinedatingwe com

07 Jan

In 2001, only the infirmary block survived as was being used as a nursing home.

Stamford Bourne Road infirmary from the south, 2001. The union opened a children's home on at the north-east of the workhouse site on Bourne Road, Stamford.

Head towards the entrance close to Orchard Boulevard.

This leaf-like sculpture is known as Nutmeg & Mace by Kumari Nahappan (2009) outside the main entrance.

The workhouse comprised a entrance block with a central entrance, and a main block with side wings, and various outbuildings enclosing the inmates' yards. A chapel was also added at the west of the workhouse. Stamford Barnack Road workhouse site, 1900 Stamford Barnack Road north-east range from the south, 2001. Stamford Barnack Road infirmary from the south, 2001. In 1899, the Stamford Board of Guardians decided to erect a new workhouse at Bourne Road.

Its location and layout are shown on the 1930 map below.

Other parish workhouses in the area included those at Colly Weston and Easton, the latter dating from at least 1801.

What started as a Christmas card created in the 1960s became a Pop Art icon of the era, reproduced in numerous formats and displays.County of Rutland: Casterton Magna, Casterton Parva, Clipsham, Essendine, Ketton, Pickworth, Ryhall, Tinwell, Tixover. The population falling within the Union at the 1831 census had been 15,411 — ranging from Stowe (population 17) to Stamford itself (total of 5,837 in five parishes).The average annual poor-rate expenditure for the period 1833-35 had been £6,599 or 8s.7d. The first Stamford Union workhouse was built in 1836-7 on Barnack Road.This is Celebrations, Endearment, Courtship, Development, Friendship & Relaxation (2002), inspired by ancient civilisation and cave paintings dating back 20,000 years.Not so much a trail as a destination for two of Singapore’s most famous public art installations.The version you see here was created in 1993 and bought by Wing Tai Holdings, which owns the building.[Up to 1834] [After 1834] [Staff] [Inmates] [Records] [Bibliography] [Links] A parish workhouse operated in Duddington, in a building at the bottom of Todds Hill, from about 1775 until 1834. In 1807, a cache of 151 silver coins from the reigns of Elizabeth, James and Charles was found hidden in a chink in an inner wall of the Easton workhouse.The main building contained the Master's quarters, dining-hall and kitchen at the centre, with females accommodated at the west and males at the east.Exercise yards, and out-buildings including laundry, workshops and boiler-house, lay to the rear.A separate infirmary lay at the north of the workhouse.After 1930, the workhouse became a Public Assistance Institution, then after 1948 joined the National Health Service as St George's Home, later St George's Hospital.